foods you never heard of but tasted and thought yummy? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
eirerepublic
eirerepublic Jul 24
What uncommon foods you tasted and thought wow rather nice and yummy?

I tasted 

Kakigori:

A shaved ice dessert, topped with syrup and condensed milk. Kakigori is a snow cone’s sexy younger sister. Commonly served at local festivals during the summertime.

0 0 0
Share:
Monkpriest
Monkpriest Jul 28

Falafel I loved it 

The Forum post is edited by Monkpriest Jul 28
0 0 0
Zulu
Zulu Jul 29
When in Canada, I came across a cafe that had sugar cookie fries on the menu. sounded horrid. but the waitress said they loved them. and I often thought sickly as the serving sauces with them such as chocolate sauce, jam, icing sugar, and maple.  And she said in the USA they put maple gravy on them and salt and eat with hamburgers, chicken nuggets. I think the USA have too much sugar in things too sweet.  And they were serving theirs with brown sugar. 

Image result for sugar fries pictures

0 0 0
Juniper
Juniper Aug 3
I tasted clam bake  in Ohio and they put extras on it. Never had sea food with chicken and seaweed and corn on the cob rather strange really. And a lobster tail and then sweet potato. It made my taste buds do strange things as I did not like it.

Image result for clambake with chicken pictures

0 0 0
Hideehi
Hideehi Aug 4
I thought snails were bad but when I was in Japan they wanted me to try fried grass hoppers and this ant cake......
0 0 0
cab
cab Aug 8
Tagliatelle with natural yogurt
 and fried onions.

And mushrooms.

Related image

0 0 0
ATeam
ATeam Sep 12
curried goat my friend from Tobago made me it and it was lovely funny enough.

• 3- 3 1/2 pounds goat meat (cut in chunks)
  • ¼- ½ cup cooking oil
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 medium onion sliced
  • 4-5 Tablespoons Curry powder
  • 1- teaspoon white pepper
  • 1-2 teaspoons fresh thyme
  • 2 green onions sliced
  • 2-3 medium potatoes
  • 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 scotch bonnet pepper (adjust to suit taste buds or replace with any hot pepper)
  • 1 tablespoon Bouillon stock cube
  • Salt to taste
Instructions
  1. Season goat with, salt and pepper. Set aside
  2. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, until hot, and then add the goat meat sauté stirring, frequently, any browned bits off the bottom of the pot, until goat is brown.
  3. Then add curry, stir for about 1-2 minutes.
  4. Add the garlic, white pepper, onions,thyme, tomato paste, scallions (green onions) and scotch bonnet pepper stir for about a minute.
  5. Then pour in just enough water to cover the goat and bring to a boil and let it simmer until tender (depending on the goat size and preference) about 2 hours or more, stirring the saucepan occasionally and adding more water as needed..
  6. About 15-20 minutes before you remove from the stove add potatoes and bouillon powder. Continue cooking until potatoes are tender, if you want really thick curry goat let the potatoes cook even more .
  7. You may adjust thickness of soup with water or stock.
Image result for curry goat pictures

0 0 0

Welcome

Eirerepublic.com is a chit chat forum, blog website. Users can have their say, their views,upload topics.
We do not allow spam and other adverts on the site so anyone uploading those will be automatically deleted.

Forum Topics

BeerGarden
I think it rather bad that people have such... More
BeerGarden
I am just sick of rugby and the fact it is all... More
BeerGarden
I think this business of people loving the... More
ATeam
curried goat my friend from Tobago made me it... More
ATeam Sep 12
ATeam
funny enough went on a weekend break to Poland... More